Training safely during the COVID-19 outbreak: our 6-point plan
11th May 2020
With basic MHE training still a requirement during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have taken measures to ensure all parties continue to remain safe throughout the duration of any courses delivered by Mentor.
Whether training at your site or ours, we continue to follow the latest Government and HSE guidance to ensure your MHE courses are carried out safely. To help us do this, we have instigated and actioned a six-point plan, which includes the following:
1. Requested guidance for the safe delivery of training from AITT, the main Accrediting body under whose standards we deliver MHE training. This guidance has now been created, in consultation with the HSE, and we are following it closely
2. Created a short delegate briefing that all instructors will deliver prior to course commencement. This explains the AITT guidance in a visual format as it applies to delegates and confirms everyone’s role in ensuring training can be delivered safely
3. Issued PPE ‘starter kits’ to all instructors, including hand sanitiser, disposable gloves and wipes. We have also incorporated a PPE budget into our payment structure to support instructors and ensure they have the necessary safety equipment. (As of Thursday 5th November 2020: made it a requirement that all instructors use face coverings at all times whilst on customers' sites, to ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of transmission. This is in addition to all existing measures and regardless of whether our customers' policies require it)
4. Distributed secondary computer monitors to instructors, where necessary, to ensure social distancing can be maintained during theory sessions where wall mounted screens are not available, and avoid delegate ‘crowding’ around the instructor presentation
5. Made sure any site-specific COVID-19 policies, procedures and requirements are confirmed at the time of booking and that we continue to work with the customer to ensure training can proceed safely
6. Made it a requirement for all instructors to ensure that training courses follow all of the above specified safety measures at all times
By following the above, please rest assured that we can continue to meet your business needs safely at this time.
If you require any further assurances from us, please don't hesitate to ask, and if you wish to see a copy of our COVID-19 policy, this is available on request.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.